Membership of the British Cardiovascular Society
Who Can Join The BCS?
BCS is the voice for those working in cardiovascular health, science and disease management in the UK. We aim to promote and support both the healthcare professionals who work in cardiology and the patients for whom we want to encourage the best possible treatment. Our members are healthcare professionals, working in the field of cardiovascular health. Becoming a member of the Society offers healthcare professionals significant benefits, including:
- Free registration for our Annual Conference
- Free access to Heart online
- Free access to Heart Asia online
- Free access to Open Heart online
- Print subscription to Heart at a discounted rate of £80
- Monthly membership ebulletins with news from the Society and the world of Cardiology
- Reduced rates for BCS courses (see our Education section)
- Access to the members only area of the BCS website, including details of various discounts for members
- Free access to ESC Online Textbook
- Free access to CardioSource in collaboration with the ACC
- Automatic membership of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- BCS Travel Bursaries to attend selected international cardiology conferences
- Professional representation with the Royal College of Physicians
- Representation at the Department of Health
- Support for ACCEA Awards
- Full business meetings and voting rights
- The option to stand for nominated BCS positions or to become part of the Annual Conference faculty
How to Join:
BCS offers a range of membership subscription packages, to allow all those working in cardiovascular medicine and health to benefit from membership.
All new members applying for a BCS or Joint membership are required to pay their first year’s membership subscription by Credit Card. Subsequent subscriptions will be collected by Direct Debit automatically. Therefore you must complete both Credit Card and Direct Debit forms.
BCS membership period is from 01 July to 30 June and is renewed by Direct Debit once a year in June. Please make sure you read the rules of membership and notes to applicants before submitting your application by post to Valérie Honoré, BCS, 9 Fitzroy Square, London W1T 5HW
If you have any question or require any assistance, please contact our Membership Coordinator, Valérie Honoré, on +44 (0)207 380 1934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download and complete the relevant membership application form below:
||£270 per annum|
|For Consultant Cardiologists or those in non-consultant career grade post. |
Ordinary membership application form click here
||£175 per annum|
|For those who do not hold clinics e.g. nurses, physiologists, basic scientists or primary care physicians with a special interest in cardiology.|
Non-Clinical membership application form click here
||£105 per annum|
|For Consultant Cardiologists and trainees living and working outside of the UK. |
International application form click here
||£105 per annum|
|BCS offers a number of Joint Memberships with our Affiliate Groups. Joint Membership offers members a reduced subscription fee and a simpler way of managing your subscriptions to Professional Societies. Joint membership offers the membership benefits of both the Affiliate Group and the BCS.|
|British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) & BCS|
For working health practitioners with an interest in cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation.
Joint BACPR/BCS membership application form click here
|British Association for Nursing in Cardiovascular Care (BANCC) & BCS |
For nurses whose primary interest is in the practice or research of cardiovascular care, and other health professionals.
Joint BANCC/BCS membership application form click here
|British Junior Cardiologists Association (BJCA) & BCS|
For current Cardiology StRs/SpRs or Foundation Programme or Core Trainees based in the UK who are interested in undertaking Higher Specialty Training in Cardiovascular Medicine.
Joint BJCA/BCS membership application form click here
|Society for Cardiological Science and Technology (SCST) & BCS|
For those employed in a scientific and/or educational capacity in a cardiac or allied discipline.
Joint SCST/BCS membership application form click here
||£135 per annum|
|BACPR, BANCC and BCS|
For all existing Non-Consultant BACPR and BANCC Members. The option allows you to enjoy the benefits of all three organisations for just one annual payment of £135.00.
Tripartite BACPR, BANCC and BCS membership application form click here